Tuesday, July 5, 2011

A meassage from on high?

So to start with the latest. I will be doing some catching up because this is
unfortunately our big old Maple tree. Now it's fire wood for some time. That is bad but not as bad as our poor neighbor whose house it landed on.

One branch went right threw his laundry room and the rest ripped off the back of his roof and crushed the deck and kind of wiped the the balcony.

Apparently a lot of people new the tree was rotten and going to fall. Wish this had gotten passed along!

Monty is the only one who really likes the new situation. He can tromp next door and play with the dogs and get treats.

Luckily our neighbor has a good sense of humor.

The storm only lasted a few hours but was a bit too close to a hurricane. Lots of downed trees and 100,000+ with out power. Some places just got the wind and they ended up with fires from the downed power lines. We had so much water so fast that fire wasn't an option, but flooding was. So the tree through your roof is a bigger deal when you also getting a few inches of rain in an hour.

In other news...

For those who remember the studio in it's last colorful stage...

It now looks like IKEA got ahold of it. The floors look great but... It saddens me. Some of those shelves have been with me since the 80's. It was wood and real. Now they looks like some cheap prefab pressboard cookie cutter IKEA junk.
If I had know they would be embarrassed like this I would have taken them down and given them a demise with dignity. I hate it when wood is made to look like Vinyl siding.

OK I'm over it. I knew there would be things like this, there always are. When I was much younger, as in second grade, we moved from one house to the one I mostly grew up in. After it was sold we went back to pick up ? something. Anyway my room was all knotty pine, not the washed down kind that I had later but just the polished wood. So we go in and the new owners are rolling that awful blue green that was everywhere for awhile. Aquamarine puke. All that beautiful wood was going to look like a cheap tract house. Which ever parent was with me must have kicked me to keep me from screaming at them. So this isn't that bad, wasn't great wood but still?

Now in the new disaster home one thing we have planned (big Irony) is removing the white pain that some misguided real-estate agent painted over the 100 year old polished oak trim.

Ah well so it goes.

My internet is dodgy here in DC, but that is another post.


No comments:

Post a Comment